These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Monday, August 10, 2009

Boring

There hasn't been much this summer that we have missed out on experience-wise.

In addition to road trips to Chicago and Wisconsin, we have been to the Lake, the Zoo, the Magic House, Purina Farms, Grants Farm, The Science Center, the City Museum and just about any place fun for children.

Last Thursday, we even took both of you kids to Six Flags for the first time for both of you.

Jack had such a blast - a full day at the park! He went on the log flume twice - once with each of us - the pictures cracked me up! I was screaming and laughing and Jack - your face was filled with the dread and horror of the inevitable end of your life. I wanted to buy it so bad, but the $10 price tag for the one small photo scared me off and now I'm haunted by the fact that I didn't get it. I still remember the number of the picture: 24353 and I NEVER remember that stuff. Damn! I should have gotten it! It was priceless!

Oh, well. Woulda, shoulda, coulda - I guess.

This Saturday, due to the temperature, I got creative with ideas for what we could do with you and decided we would go to the Art Museum. I told you about the Mummies that they had on display where you could see X-rays of the bones of them inside of their sarcophoguses (sp?).

We took you both to the museum and walked through many displays and saw the mummies. We made our way out at the end and home for lunch. When we walked into the house, you turned to both of us and said "That was SO BOOOOOOOORING!" "Wasn't that boring?!?!" "That was SOOOOOOOO boring!"

That made me laugh. It reminds me of my own feelings about the Art Museum when I was younger, but it also made me think how it's absolutely inevitable that you would feel that way.

Look how high we've set the bar!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You need to let me have precious Audrey when you go to these places. Speak up! I'm ready!!
Love, Mommadough.