These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Friday, February 13, 2009

Little Love Muffin

Jack,

Today is your school Valentine's Day party and you are BEYOND excited! You were smiling and laughing this morning as we arrived at school. We got to your room and were putting away your things when one of your friends, Lilly, arrived. You went up to her and hugged her so sweetly and said "Happy Valentine's, Lilly!" She was thrilled. She promptly followed you back to me and sat next to you while I read you a story.

The sweetness continued as we dropped Valentine's in the boxes of the other children. You gave one to your teacher and had a wonderful exciting experience dropping a special Valentine in each friend's box.

We dropped into your cousin Calum's room and you gave him a huge hug and a "Happy Valentine's Day, Calum!" Calum was beaming as we left the room. You were just this spot of love and life walking around and I wanted to put you in my pocket for the rest of the day, but I wouldn't want to keep you from your much anticipated party later.

As I was leaving, Addey entered the room with her Dad. I was already out the door when you realized you had missed her and you turned and ran to her and grabbed her from behind to give her a big squeeze. You are just a sweet little love muffin!

I've been smiling all morning as a result and telling everyone that is polite enough not to walk away when they come near me about how wonderful you are. Happy Valentine's Day, honey - thanks for all the love and happiness you bring to my life!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

NOBLE Children said...

Hi Jack and Mommy,

We came across your blog while googling for some image on "Responsibilities Chart." First of all, we would like to thank you for providing such a beautiful blog, making you one of the best mommy on earth.

In addition, we would like to seek for your permission in using one of Jack's photos posted on March 1, 2008 entitled "Maj-in-eenes":

http://letters2jack.blogspot.com/2008_03_01_archive.html

If permission is granted, we would like to use the first picture in one of our reports about preschool operations management. It will not be made public and will be circulated among very few academic professionals in both Asia and UK.

You may correspond with us by sending emails to noblechildren@gmail.com

Thank you.

NOBLE Children.