These are letters to Jack, my son, and my daughter, Audrey. You have given me the gift of motherhood. This is just a little gift back. I want to share my experiences with you of your childhood from my perspective of watching you grow - of being your Mom.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I work with boobs

Jack,

In your lifetime, I'm sure you will have many jobs and over the course of your career, I'm sure you will have the opportunity to work with a WIDE variety of people. Some you will get along with and consider friends, others you may avoid. There may still be others that you consider complete boobs.

I work with a lot of them.

I swear to god, in the last two minutes I have heard two of my male co-workers make the following statements while on the phone with clients:

".....and I'm just going to have to call this guy and say 'What the FUDGE is going on here?!?'"

and all I can think of is.....oh, I hope he says that! I hope he says that and I hope I hear him say that and then I want to run over there and hit the speaker button so I can hear what is said back.

Another co-worker was overheard telling a client:

"Hey. It takes TEAMWORK to make the DREAM WORK."

And then I started turbo barfing and haven't stopped yet.

.......

And now I pause and remember who had cards printed with a sex line number on the back of them and suddenly, I feel like the biggest boob in the room.

Love,

Mommy

No comments: